Throughout your career, you may have purchased health insurance individually or through your employer. But what happens when you retire? If you’re nearing the age of 65, you typically transition to Medicare. Ask any Medicare recipient, however, and I’ll bet they tell you it’s a confusing and sometimes difficult process! The Medicare & You Handbook* offered by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services is more than 130 pages, and contains myriad rules and information that can be quite confusing. That’s why I wanted to make clients of M.J. Smith & Associates aware of a benefit available to you through Raymond James.
Raymond James has formed an exclusive partnership with HealthPlanOne to provide online education and decision-support tools designed specifically for people who are eligible for Medicare. HealthPlanOne also offers plans from all major and regional carriers, including Humana, Cigna, Aetna, United Healthcare and Anthem, as well as many Blue Cross plans.
Through HealthPlanOne, you receive personalized service and unbiased advice from a dedicated Licensed Agent, including:
- Assistance with reviewing healthcare information and evaluating available plans;
- Help with purchasing the plan of your choice and completing the enrollment process; and
- Support for setting up billing and premium payments.
As a Raymond James client, this benefit provides you with unlimited access to your dedicated Licensed Agent at no cost to you. In addition, you can continue your relationship with your Licensed Agent beyond initial enrollment, and call on him or her for answers to your questions on coverage, appeals and plan renewals.
To take advantage of this service, you can:
- Contact the dedicated Raymond James telephone number at 844-269-2646;
- Review your plan options online by visiting www.hporetirees.com/raymondjames; or
- Contact your M.J. Smith & Associates advisor for an introduction to a Licensed Agent.
Weighing Medicare options is an important part of the retirement planning process, and as you might expect, having the wrong Medicare plan can significantly affect your medical expenses in retirement. HealthPlanOne has been helping individuals choose Medicare insurance plans since 2006, providing access to more than 8,000 plans nationwide.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if we can assist you in this process. We’re pleased to be able to help our clients make the transition to Medicare as easy and pain-free as possible, and we look forward to serving you.
* This link is being provided for informational purposes only. Raymond James is not affiliated with and does not endorse, authorize or sponsor this website or its respective sponsor. Raymond James is not responsible for the content of any website or the collection or use of information regarding any website's users and/or members.